The British Cupping Society (BCS) was formed as a private enterprise in 2008, we were recognized as being pre-eminent in our field and for making a substantial contribution in specifically in the field of cupping.
Workshops & Lectures
Evidence Based Cupping
Be a Member
BCS has held 2 international conferences on Cupping Therapy, each of which was held in Istanbul, 2011& 2012. Delegates...
Kaleem Ullah MSc Physiotherapy University of East Anglia Physical Address Address: UK Ahmed Younis Principal Lecturer St Georges University...
An investigation into the effect of Cupping Therapy as a treatment for Anterior Knee Pain and its potential role in Health PromotionBy admin on March 5, 2011
Cupping is an ancient method of treatment that has been used in the treatment and cure of a broad...
The BCS Vision
- To serve as a representative membership organization of the Cupping profession
- To serve as an official advocate and representative of the Cupping Profession
- To establish and maintain standards of education, ethics, professional competency and licensing of practitioners of the Cupping profession.
- To improve public understanding and acceptance of the Cupping profession and practices
- To develop, participate in, conduct and support Cupping research programs consistent with Cupping principles
- To act as consultants in the field of cupping and all matters relating to cupping
- "I found the two day practical course very informative with a very well planed and professionally delivered course itinerary. There was excellent coverage of both the theoretical basis and the practical application of the technique with good access to course leaders to discuss questions and concerns. Getting feedback on our technical ability was very welcome and I left the course confident that I could practice the course independently."~ Dr Fearzana Hussain, GP (Family Practitioner)
- "Despite being relatively new to the principles of cupping, the BCS workshops were perfect for equipping myself with the knowledge and skills required to get started with practicing cupping independently. There was a strong evidence based focus to the interactive teaching sessions and the speakers enthusiasm was refreshing. Very glad to have attended, overall a very enjoyable and informative weekend."~ Dr Rabia Ishaque, GP